Wednesday, May 16, 2007

THE BREEZE


The naked earth is warm with Spring,
And with green grass and bursting trees
Leans to the sun's kiss glorying,
And quivers in the sunny breeze.
~Julian Grenfell





Morning Spring Breeze, adapted from original poem by R.L. Stevenson

Up with the sun, the breeze arose,
Across the lake from my repose,
Gentle she rustles far and wide
To stir my dearest at my side.

Throughout the morning tale she tells;
Both gull and geese her strength repels
But then within each rhythmic swell
They turn again and forward sail.

God calls us, and the day prepares
With these sublime and gracious airs:
I take my refuge in their flights
These are the Spring's most holy rites.

I bask inside this womb of earth.
Where with the morning came rebirth
God calls me from inglorious ease,

Forth to travel with the breeze

No comments: